Happy Beds Manufacturer’s Guarantee
We are delighted to offer a 5-Year Manufacturer’s Guarantee on all of our products as we believe they are of the highest quality and standard.
Please note that this Guarantee is provided free of charge and in addition to the rights given to you by law. Please also note that our 5-year Guarantee operates in accordance with our general Terms & Conditions, as well as with the terms and conditions stated below. If the product is covered by our Manufacturer's Guarantee according to the terms and conditions below, the 5-Year Guarantee applies to products purchased on or after 1 July 2016. Products purchased before 1 July 2016 are subject to a 1-Year Manufacturer's Guarantee.
If you think that your product has a manufacturing fault, please contact us as soon as possible.
What does the Guarantee cover?
- This Guarantee covers defects in materials and workmanship in the components of a Happy Beds product during normal domestic use only.
- Deterioration of a mattress which causes the mattress to have a visible indentation or sag equal to or larger than 1.5 inches (4 cm), as long as that indentation or sag has not resulted from use of the mattress on an unsuitable surface.
- Any physical flaw in a mattress that causes the mattress material to split or crack, as long as the mattress has only been used for normal domestic use and has not been handled improperly.
- Any fault or deterioration of a Happy Beds bed frame, divan bed or another product where the product has been used appropriately in domestic use.
What doesn’t the Guarantee cover/when does it become void?
- The Happy Beds product is found to have been mistreated/damaged – including a mistreatment/physical damage causing splits, burns, breakages, spillage and stains. See the end of the Guarantee for examples.
- The product has not been maintained/cared for in accordance with the care instructions advised. This includes the turning of the mattress where applicable.
- A normal increase of the softness of the mattress.
- Any other use of the product other than for normal domestic purposes.
- Tension (firmness) or colour preference – our general Terms & Conditions describe what conditions should be met so that the mattress has the tension displayed on the product page. Our product pages describe and display the product as accurately as possible. Please note that the resolution, colour settings and other characteristics of the device where the product page is viewed may cause the product to look slightly different online than it looks in reality.
- Any product not purchased directly from Happy Beds but purchased from a reseller.
- Any product sold “as-is”, “preconditioned”, “reconditioned”, “used”, “comfort return”, “returned”, “previously owned”, or any other similar wording indicating that the mattress is not “new” or of “first quality”, or has previously been purchased or used by someone different than the claimant.
When does the Guarantee start and finish?
The Guarantee starts on the date of delivery of the product and finishes at the end of the 5th year from that date.
Things needed to claim
- Images/videos showing the defect
- Measurement of indentations/sags
- Weight of product user(s)
- Claimant name and address
- Order number
- Full description of complaint
- Type of surface the mattress has been used on (if a mattress is claimed to be faulty)
If you think that your product has a manufacturing fault and you inform us of that within 30 days from the delivery date, if the product is covered by this Guarantee, you will have the option to receive a refund for the price of the faulty product and, if applicable, any shipping charges paid for this product. Alternatively, the points mentioned further in this section can apply. If you inform us after 30 days have passed from the delivery date, the points mentioned further in this section will apply.
If we confirm that the product has a manufacturing fault and is hence covered by this Guarantee, at our sole discretion, we have the right to:
- Replace parts rather than the full product where applicable.
- Replace the defective product with the same product.
- Pay the costs of postage and delivery.
- Ship the replacement parts or the replaced product back to you.
Any applicable actions above will be done within 14 working days after our confirmation that the product is faulty, hence covered by this Guarantee. Please note that this may take longer for some remote and offshore destinations.
What happens if the product is not covered by the Guarantee?
If the product is not covered by the Guarantee, we will ask you if you want us to return the product to you (at your cost) or dispose of it (at your cost).
Examples of what a mistreatment of a product would include (the list below if not exhaustive)
- Using a mattress without bed linen.
- Subjecting the product to excessive wear and tear, for example sitting on a mattress edge for a long time.
- If your mattress is 'Non-Turn' you should use the sleeping surface only (the side with the mattress label).
- Using a mattress on an old or unsuitable base, or a surface for which it was not designed.
- Rolling or bending a mattress.
- Overloading the drawers in a bed base - overloading may cause distortion or damage to the drawers and may also cause them to jam. Therefore, mini drawers should not be loaded in excess of 7 kg, and standard drawers – 15 kg.
- Improper assembly of a bed frame, divan bed base or headboard causing any part to split or break.