Bunk beds are the perfect fun solution for making the most of the space in a bedroom. While bunk beds are traditionally associated with children, they’re also an excellent option when entertaining multiple house guests as there are many of our bunk beds for kids can also double up as adult bunk beds.
Recommended by The Independent, Happy Beds' quality bunk beds, including wooden bunk beds, double bunk beds and our useful bunk beds with storage, will suit the needs of both adults and children. This makes them perfect for any occasion where you may need them.
- American White Finish Solid Pine Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £369.99 Now From £199.99
- Orion White Wooden Storage Bunk BedRRP From £989.99 Now From £469.99
- Max Dove Grey Wooden Combination BedRRP From £874.99 Now From £349.99
- Max White Wooden Combination BedRRP From £874.99 Now From £349.99
- Durham White Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £449.99 Now From £249.99
- Colonial Waxed Pine Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £524.99 Now From £289.99
- Bedford White Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £434.99 Now From £239.99
- Snowdon White Wooden Triple Sleeper Bunk BedRRP From £809.99 Now From £449.99
- Snowdon Grey Wooden Triple Sleeper Bunk BedRRP From £809.99 Now From £449.99
- Trio Grey Wooden Triple Sleeper Bunk BedRRP From £954.99 Now From £399.99
- Trio Bright White Wooden Triple Sleeper Bunk BedRRP From £954.99 Now From £399.99
- Bedford White Wooden 2 Drawer Storage Bunk BedRRP From £584.99 Now From £324.99
- London Bus Red Wooden Kids Theme Bunk BedRRP From £939.99 Now From £519.99
- Eclipse Oak and White Wooden Storage Bunk BedRRP From £1,109.99 Now From £489.99
- Saturn Grey Fabric Bunk BedRRP From £919.99 Now From £499.99
- Lincoln Antique Solid Pine Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £489.99 Now From £269.99
- Tam Tam White and Oak Wooden Bunk Bed with Underbed Storage DrawerRRP From £1,054.99 Now From £584.99
- Domino Grey Oak Wooden and Metal Kids Storage Bunk BedRRP From £939.99 Now From £419.99
- Tam Tam White and Oak Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £894.99 Now From £499.99
- Campervan Bunk BedRRP From £1,099.99 Now From £609.99
- Solarpod Grey Wooden Bunk BedRRP From £954.99 Now From £529.99
- Tam Tam White and Grey Wooden Bunk Bed with Underbed Storage DrawerRRP From £1,054.99 Now From £584.99
- Nova White and Oak Bunk BedRRP From £489.99 Now From £269.99
- Malvern White Wooden Quadruple Sleeper Bunk BedRRP From £839.99 Now From £464.99
Bunk beds for kids and adults
Enjoy a huge choice of bunk beds here at Happy Beds. You can choose from adult bunk beds and kids bunk beds. Our bunk beds, including wooden bunk beds and metal bed bunk beds, are built from high-quality materials and are durable enough to be long-lasting. With various colour options, including traditional white bunk beds, and many types, such as bunk beds with storage, there's something for every bedroom. Importantly, all are made to the highest specifications – which means that sleepers’ safety is never compromised.
So whether you want a bunk bed for adults or double bunk beds to accommodate many sleepers, you can find the perfect bed here at Happy Beds.
What are the different types of bunk beds?
In total, Happy Beds stock:
- Standard Bunk Beds - These are the usual two-bed bunk beds. They come with a bottom bunk and a top bunk, though sometimes the bottom bunk is replaced with extra space, a built-in desk or storage.
- Triple Sleeper Bunk Beds - These bunk beds offer space to sleep up to three people. This is either three single bunks or a double bottom bunk with a single top bunk.
- Quadruple Sleeper Bunk Beds - These offer two double bed bunks, meaning they can sleep up to four people. They work well as a kids bunk bed if you have multiple children in the same bedroom or regularly have guests and sleepovers.
What bunk bed materials are available?
Our bunk beds will complement any bedroom as we have a wide range of materials used:
- Wooden bunk beds - Natural bunk beds with pine, oak or light wood finishes. Ideal for those who want a rustic bed frame in a timeless design.
- Fabric bunk beds - Who says bunk beds can???t be luxurious? Our fabric bunk bed range adds a splash of style, adding a comfortable look and feel to your room.
- Metal bunk beds - Our metal bunk beds are both sturdy and modern. Get a bunk bed you can rely on in high-quality nickel and aluminium finishes.
So, now that you know the bunk bed types on offer are they right for you? If you aren???t entirely convinced, consider reading our blog post: The Pros and Cons of Bunk Beds: Will They Work for You?.
What colours are bunk beds available in?
We have several different colours available for you to choose from in our range of bunk beds, including:
What sizes are bunk beds available in?
Our bunk beds are available in a range of sizes, with some making perfect bunk beds for kids and others making an ideal bunk bed for adults. The sizes include small single, single, small double, double and European single bunk bed sizes.
What age can a child go in a bunk bed?
The bottom bunk can be used by any child aged 4 and up. For children younger than 4, we recommend our range of toddler beds.
The top bunk can only be used by children aged 6 and up. This is enforced by regulations and endorsed by several risk management and safety charities, including RoSPA.
We always recommend using the guard rails on the top bunk. Even if a child is older, having a guard rail is an important safety measure. All play should be discouraged on the top bunk and ladder, as should jumping off the bed.
Are bunk beds safe?
Sellers and manufacturers of bunk beds must comply with British Standard Specification 1 BS EN 747. In simple terms, this ensures all bunk beds are manufactured to be safe, ensuring they have:
- No sharp edges or corners.
- A safe, solid and reliable frame.
- Fixed rails on the top bunk.
- No gaps that are larger than 75mm.
At Happy Beds, we take safety very seriously. This means each frame in our bunk bed range has been tested extensively, offering you peace of mind and a good night???s sleep.
You can read more about bunk bed safety in our helpful bunk bed safety product guide which contains everything you need to know about how we make our beds safe for children.
What kind of mattresses are suitable for bunk beds?
We recommend that mattresses should be no thicker than 16cm to ensure the guard rails work correctly. To find out which mattress you need, simply match the bed type to the mattress. So, if you???ve purchased a single bunk bed, then a single mattress should suit.
For everything else on mattress sizes, consult our mattress size guide.