Small Double Beds
Offering the comfort of a double bed with the flexibility of a smaller bed frame, our super-comfortable 4ft small double beds are a great option for rooms not blessed with buckets of space. Available in a range of finishes - from fabric and leather to metal, wood and more - our expertly-designed small double queen bed frames can add a touch of class to a bedroom, whether you're buying for yourself, your children or a loved one.
Small double beds for a good night's sleep
4ft small double beds are ideal for those looking for a little more space while still leaving room in a smaller bedroom. At Happy Beds, your good night's sleep is our priority, which is why our range of 4ft beds is expertly crafted to guarantee the style and quality you deserve. Whether you opt for a small double kids bed to accommodate your growing children, a small double guest bed to ensure guests sleep comfortably, or you'd like a small double bed in your own room, our beds promise comfort. So, from the first time you snuggle into your small double bed and for the years to come after, you can enjoy the sleep of your dreams.
Small double beds and mattresses at Happy Beds
As well as your small double bed frame and base, at Happy Beds, we also sell a selection of small double bed mattresses, so you can find the perfect size for your new bed. Head to our small double mattress collection to complete your bed set-up.
What size is a small double bed?
Also sometimes referred to as a ‘three-quarter' size bed or a queen bed, a small double bed is the halfway point between a single and a double. It is 4ft (120cm, 48") in width x 6'3" (190cm, 75") in length, meaning you can enjoy more room to stretch out than with a single, while still enjoying space-saving benefits.
Is a small double bed right for me?
Finding the right bed for you is all about your sleeping style and the space you have to work with. If you have a smaller bedroom but are a fan of starfishing or lounging in bed, our 4ft beds are a great option. They're bigger than a single but not quite as big as a double, allowing for more floor space and room for additional bedroom furniture. A 4ft small double bed can accommodate two people if needed, but they're an especially popular choice for teenagers or single adults. If you're struggling to decide between a single bed or a double bed, a small double bed frame offers the perfect middle ground.
Still wondering if a small double is best for you? We've broken down all the measurements, features and characteristics in our comprehensive bed size guide, so give that a read if you're confused.
What types of small double beds are available?
4ft small double beds, thanks to their size, are very versatile, so there are quite a few options you can choose from including:
- Small Double Bunk Beds - if you have older children, or want a more spacious option for guests, then a small double bunk bed could be ideal. They're essentially the same as a normal bunk bed, but wider, making them ideal for adults, teens, or sleepers who love their space.
- Small Double Storage Beds - with built-in drawers or ottoman-style storage, a small double bed with storage ensures you have space to sleep and to store away all your clothes, kids' toys and other bits and bobs.
- Small Double Kids Beds - a small double kids bed has plenty of room to accommodate growing children, meaning you won't have to worry about replacing the bed anytime soon.
- Small Double Futons - our small double-size futons are among the best space-saving options in the Happy Beds range. These are ideal for those who want a minimalist aesthetic, thanks to their compact, neat design.
- Small Double Guest Beds - provide a little extra space for visitors with a small double guest bed.
- Small Double Day Beds - combining the look of a bed with the functionality of a sofa, our small double day beds are suitable for any room.
- Small Double Folding Beds - our small double folding beds offer plenty of space for guests to sleep comfortably for a night whilst also saving on space in your home thanks to their folded design!
What materials are small double beds available in?
We have a number of different materials at Happy Beds to suit your bedroom's aesthetic, including:
- Small Double Wooden Beds - accommodating a wide range of styles and colours, our small double wooden beds are guaranteed to suit any bedroom.
- Small Double Metal Beds - ideal for contemporary interiors or a more traditional décor, our small double metal beds are a versatile choice.
- Small Double Fabric Beds - make sure that you can sleep in comfort whilst adding beautiful style to your bedroom with a small double fabric bed.
- Small Double Leather Beds - our small double leather beds are certain to make a statement in your bedroom with their luxurious style.
- Small Double Velvet Beds - get the wow factor in your bedroom with a stunningly beautiful small double velvet bed.
Is a queen size bed the same as a small double bed?
Yes, small double beds can also be referred to as ‘queen' size beds.
What size mattress do I need for a small double bed?
While small double beds are as long as doubles, they're slightly less wide, so a double mattress won't fit correctly. If you buy a small double bed, you should choose a specific small double mattress. These measure in at 4' x 6'3", making them a perfect fit for your new small double bed frame. Our mattress collection at Happy Bed includes various spring types and levels of firmness, so you can customise your small double bed to your sleeping preferences.