Choosing the right bed frame for you
At Happy Beds, we have an extensive range of beds and bed frames with fast delivery across the UK, so you can be settling in for a cosy forty winks in your new bed before you know it. With such a vast range of bed designs, you can find the perfect bed to suit you and your space. If you're shopping for a bed for an adult bedroom, we have double, king size and super king size beds that guarantee you'll rest easy with plenty of space. Perhaps you're making over the kids' bedroom? Storage beds, cabin beds, bunks and themed beds including digger and racing car beds are all sure to go down an absolute treat.
Buy beds and bed frames from the sleep specialists
We're not called Happy Beds for nothing! Your sleep is our priority, and all our beds and bed frames are expertly crafted for the utmost comfort and style. You can explore unique bed designs to suit your budget and décor, safe in the knowledge that whichever style you opt for, a great night's sleep is guaranteed.
Wondering which designs or bed types are best for your specific circumstances? Talk to our beds team who'll be happy to help you find the perfect bed frame for your needs. For a company with a head for beds, choose Happy Beds.
What are the types of bed available?
Here at Happy Beds, we want to make sure that everyone gets a good night's sleep. That's why we have a wide range of high-quality beds available, including:
- Ottoman beds - a useful storage option that's hidden neatly underneath a gas-piston powered ottoman.
- Storage beds - choose from one to four drawers in which you can neatly store bedding, seasonal clothing or simply need somewhere to hide your things out of sight.
- Divan beds - the most popular type of bed base available in all sizes and easy to manoeuvre.
- TV beds - snuggle up in bed and watch your favourite film or relax in luxury with one of our TV beds, filled to the brim with technology.
- Children's beds - from themed beds to brighten any child's bedroom to elegant wooden beds for them to grow up in.
- Bunk beds - a fantastic space saving solution for shared bedrooms and compact spaces. Discover the pros and cons of bunk beds in our useful article here.
- Sofa beds - perfect to relax on during the day and sleep comfortably at night.
- Day beds - beautiful furniture that offers the style and comfort of a sofa alongside the softness of a bed.
- Guest beds - make sure your guests can sleep comfortably with a durable guest bed, including trundle beds to provide extra space.
What materials are beds available in?
Whether you're looking to create a traditional bedroom with a wooden bed frame or want to add some luxurious glamour with a velvet bed, we have a bed for every bedroom. Our range includes:
- Wooden bed frames - strong and sturdy bed frames that complement both traditional and contemporary bedrooms.
- Metal bed frames - offering a timeless appearance that suit a wide range of bedrooms with complete ease.
- Fabric bed frames - beautiful beds available in a wide range of colours and styles, a classic choice to suit any room.
- Velvet bed frames - the ideal way to add a touch of luxury to a room, our velvet beds come in various colours and styles including our crushed velvet beds.
- Leather bed frames - make a statement with a sumptuous leather bed in your bedroom, available in many sizes and colours.
- Upholstered bed frames - find the perfect bed to suit your bedroom with our range of upholstered beds.
What's the best type of bed frame?
Finding the best bed frame for you depends on your own personal preferences, as well as how often the bed will be used. If you're wondering which are the strongest bed frames, both wooden and metal beds offer extremely durable choices that will stand the test of time. If you're looking for a bed frame to fit in a guest room or spare room, ottoman beds, storage beds, day beds or sofa beds may be best options for you.
What sort of bed base is best?
It's important that your bed base is solid and high quality – the best bed bases fully hold the weight of the mattress and sleeper without any movement or sagging. Air circulation is also vital. A slatted bed base offers the most air circulation, which helps maintain the hygiene of your mattresses while keeping you cool and comfortable.
A divan bed base is one of the more popular options. These feature a platform top. The best divan bed bases also offer built-in ventilation, allowing air to circulate.
What are the different bed styles available?
Deciding on a bed is more than just choosing the right size, colour and finish. It's also about figuring out what bed style will suit your bedroom interior the best! We have a wide range of styles to choose from, including:
- Winged beds - an elegant choice to bring an added splash of luxury to bedroom, our winged beds have a tall headboard with edges that 'wing' inwards slightly.
- Scroll beds - make a statement in your bedroom with a beautiful scroll bed, available in various colours and upholstery.
- Sleigh beds - with their distinctive rolled headboard and footboard, our sleigh beds are sure to bring the wow factor.
- High footend beds - sleep in complete comfort with a high footend bed, the perfect centrepiece beds.
- Low footend beds - help to maximise your space and create a minimalist look with our low footend beds.
What are the sizes of beds available?
Not sure what size bed frame you need? We can help. No matter what your circumstances are, you're certain to find a bed that'll grant you a good night's sleep and look right at home in your room.
Our sizes include:
- Small single bed frames - great for children who are transitioning from a toddler bed to an adult bed, or as a guest bed in a smaller room.
- Single bed frames - great for smaller rooms, a single bed is the perfect choice for solo sleepers, children, teenagers or guests.
- Small double bed frames - a good pick for a bedroom that's running short on space or a child wanting a little more room in bed.
- Double bed frame - a popular choice for most bedrooms, our wide range of double beds come in various styles and colours.
- King size bed frame - stretch out and enjoy a luxurious sleep with a king size bed, great for couples with a larger room.
- Super king size bed frame - splash out and sleep like royalty with a super king size bed.
Take a look at our bed size guide to see how your new bed will measure up.
How do I know which bed size is right for me?
Purchasing the right bed size is very important in order to help you ensure your chosen bed will fit into your bedroom. You may want to splurge out on a super king size bed, but you may not have the room to accommodate this. Therefore, it's important to find out the exact measurements of each bed size alongside measuring your bedroom to see how much room you have to spare.
So, how do you know which bed size is right for you? Our useful bed size guide offers information on every size of bed that we sell here at Happy Beds, allowing you to make the right choice. Don't forget to account for extra space if you're looking to buy a storage bed to accommodate the drawers or ottoman storage.
Where do I buy a bed?
Call us biased, but we think we're the best place to buy a bed online. We focus on quality – all our beds come with a 5-year manufacturer's guarantee, so you can sleep easy with complete peace of mind. We also think high quality shouldn't mean unaffordable – we get our beds and bed frames directly from the manufacturer, so we can pass the savings onto you.