There are a lot of key dates in March that make it a pretty special month. World Book Day, Mother’s Day, the beginning of Lent and even the highly-anticipated welcoming of Spring. But, there’s one thing that we can enjoy throughout the entire month of March - National Bed Month. That’s a whole month that encourages us to spend more time catching Zs!
What is National Bed Month?
Introduced by The Sleep Council and The National Bed Federation, National Bed Month takes place every March. It aims to raise awareness of the importance of sleep and, more specifically, how significant a good, comfortable bed is in helping to achieve a good night’s sleep.
Here’s a video outlining the campaign from The Sleep Council.
How Are We Getting Involved?
At Happy Beds, the principles of National Bed Month are ingrained into our DNA. We take great pride in helping our customers achieve their forty winks and are committed to continuing to do so. Here are just a few ways we are hoping to achieve this:
- Running frequent sleep surveys to provide valuable research insights. For example, we ran a survey of 2,000 parents to find out why women can’t sleep when pregnant and published our findings here.
- Provide our customers with the information they need to make educated purchases using our Help & Advice section. This includes help to buy guides, FAQs, customer services, and product care sheets.
- Creating regular content for our blog, The Comfort Zone. This ranges from lifestyle and wellbeing tips to buying guides. Most recently, we looked at the best sleep supplements and whether they are effective in helping us nod off. You can check that post out here.
- Constantly innovating to provide our customers with the latest and greatest products. One of our new mattresses has a lavender-infused fabric filling to help you doze off to the relaxing and naturally soothing scent of lavender! You can find out more here.
- Offer additional tools to help our customers find the ideal product for their needs. Our Mattress Firmness tool helps our customers identify the ideal mattress for their body weight. Likewise, our Build Your Own Bed tool allows customers to build their own custom bed with a wide selection of options to suit them.
How Can You Get Involved?
Here are our top 5 ways you can celebrate National Bed Month:
- Take a bed MOT - it’s a quick and easy way of finding out whether it’s time to treat yourself to a new bed. You can take the test provided by The Sleep Council here.
- Ditch your digital devices whilst in bed. It’s far too easy to become engrossed with Twitter or YouTube, especially at night. The blue light our devices emit can interfere significantly with our body clocks. Maybe try reading a good ol’ fashioned book instead?
- Limit your caffeine, alcohol, and nicotine intake especially before bed. These can prevent and interrupt sleep resulting in you needing even more coffee the next day!
- Treat yourself to a new mattress. If your mattress is more cumbersome than comfortable, it might be worth giving a memory foam mattress a go.
- Download a sleep diary from The Sleep Council. This is a very useful tool for tracking sleeping, eating and drinking habits. What’s more, it can be a helpful resource for your GP or doctor should you need to visit them.
Of course, if it’s a new bed you’re after, we know the right people for the job - us! We have a huge range here at Happy Beds; everything from super kings to sofa beds. So, celebrate with us this National Bed Month and browse our beds today!