We’ve all heard of a smartphone. Chances are most of you will be using one right at this moment. But have you ever heard of a smart bed? If not, then this post is for you. Strap yourselves in as we dive headboard first into the eccentric world of smart beds!
What Is a Smart Bed?
By definition, smart beds don’t have a concrete list of features that determine whether they’re smart or not. However, a few notable features of smart beds typically include:
- Multimedia Features - Space to store your TV, built-in Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports and even surround sound speaker systems have found their ways into beds to create the ultimate all in one entertainment solution, that just so happens to also be a place to sleep!
- Sleep Monitoring - The use of sensors integrated into a mattress can provide you with daily information about the previous night’s sleeping habits, including heart rate, deep sleep and more.
- Temperature Regulation - Built-in thermostats can help to regulate temperature automatically, allowing you to sleep as snug as a bug, no matter the season.
- Adjustable Frames - The smart bed frame can be adjusted via remote control (or smartphone app) so you can go from laying down peacefully to sitting up watching your favourite breakfast show without moving a muscle. In more advanced smart beds, the mattress is separated into two zones so one side can be adjusted whilst the other remains unaffected.
- App Support - The ability to connect to other smart appliances in your home, which can include smart bulbs, thermostats and much more. Some smart beds even come with the ability to connect to virtual assistants such as Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.
- Automated Bed Making - Yep. Some smart beds can even make themselves. But you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for the privilege!
When you think of a smart bed, one of our incredible smart TV beds may pop into your mind. Products such as the Annecy Leather Ottoman TV Bed or the Lyon Velvet Ottoman TV Bed are the epitome of bedroom luxury. With groundbreaking technology including a built-in surround sound system, subwoofer, Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports and the ability to house a full-sized TV, these modern marvels offer some fantastic features that offer a cinematic entertainment experience without the need to get out of bed!
So, whilst the definition of a smart bed may vary somewhat, it can be defined as a bed that boasts hi-tech features that help to enrich your bedroom, be it by providing immersive entertainment or helping you to sleep sounder. In more extreme and more expensive cases, smart beds such as the HiCan combine everything you could ever need in a bed and so much more but with a price tag to match.
What are the Benefits of a Smart Bed?
If you simply use your bed as a sleeping space and nothing more, you may be wondering what exactly smart beds bring to the table, or rather, bedroom. Well, that all depends on the type of smart bed in question.
With smart TV beds, the benefits include providing you with a discrete space to store your TV, an immersive surround sound experience and plenty of other goodies that ensure your breakfasts in bed will never be the same again.
When it comes to other smart beds, the aim is to provide you with the best night’s sleep possible. The integrated sleep tracking features help you to monitor your sleeping patterns, though you can achieve the same findings via a smartphone or smartwatch app. And, with temperature control, you can enjoy a blissful forty winks even during the hottest and muggiest of nights.
Are There Drawbacks of Smart Beds?
The price tag can be difficult to justify for the more expensive models due to the amount of tech integrated into the bed frame, though the TV Beds offered by us right here at Happy Beds feature outstanding technology at affordable prices.
Do I Really Need a Smart Bed?
This question, of course, depends on the individual. If you’re happy with your current bed, then lay back and relax - traditional ‘non-smart’ beds aren’t going anywhere!
If you do want access to some of the smart bed technology with your existing bed, you could always download sleep tracking apps to monitor your sleep, heated blankets to regulate temperature, and even smart bulbs to recreate that automated home vibe.
Whilst you’re at it, why not check out our gorgeous range of TV beds? With the ability to discreetly house a TV that futuristically ascends at the click of a button, they’re the ultimate way to immersive yourself in films, TV shows or video games - all from the comfort of your own bed!