Children’s mattresses need to be both comfortable and supportive. Comfort is essential for ensuring that your child sleeps well every night and support is significant in keeping the spine perfectly aligned.
Both factors are equally important for determining the best mattress; therefore you need to carefully consider which type is best for your child when shopping for kids’ mattresses.
- Superior Pocket Sprung Mattress - European 3ft Single (90 x 200 cm)(3)RRP From £469.99 Save £210 Now From £259.99
- Compact Eclipse Pocket Sprung 800 Mattress(22)RRP From £239.99 Save £100 Now From £139.99
- Compact Membound Memory Foam Spring Mattress(26)RRP From £219.99 Save £90 Now From £129.99
- Quest Q1 Endless Comfort Spring MattressNow From £149.99
- Spring Flexi Reflex Foam Kids Mattress(1)RRP From £234.99 Save £105 Now From £129.99
- Trendy Trundle Mattress - 3ft Single (90 x 190 cm)Now £139.99 RRP From £249.99 Save £110
- Jay-Be CoreKids E3 IR-Energy 1600 Micro Pocket Spring MattressNow From £209.99
- Jay-Be CoreKids E1 IR-Energy 750 Pocket Spring MattressNow From £184.99
- Jay-Be CoreKids E2 IR-Energy 750 Memory Pocket Spring MattressNow From £199.99
- Quest Q3 Epic Comfort Twin Pocket Sprung MattressNow From £204.99
- Jay-Be Simply Kids Foam Free Waterproof Spring Mattress(1)Now From £164.99
- Quest Q2 Extreme Comfort Pocket Sprung MattressNow From £174.99
Why Choose our Kids Mattresses?
Our kids’ mattresses have all the features that are required for offering both comfort and support, therefore your child will sleep well every night. Take a look at our range of children’s mattresses today.
What sizes are kids mattresses available in?
Our range of kids mattresses includes plenty of size options, but our most recommended sizes for children to fit their beds are:
- Shorty kids mattresses - a specific size from the brand Jay-Be, a Shorty kids mattress is larger than a toddler mattress but shorter than a small single.
- Cot kids mattresses - designed to help babies and toddlers sleep safely and comfortably at night, a cot kids mattress will help young children to get a good sleep.
- Toddler kids mattresses - perfect for children who are transitioning out of a cot, a toddler kids mattress provides plenty of support as they sleep.
- Small single kids mattresses - slightly smaller than a single mattress, our small single kids' mattresses are perfect for kids before they move to a big kids bed!
- Single kids mattresses - one of the most popular choices for both children and teenagers, we have plenty of kids single mattresses to help them sleep comfortably.
- Small double kids mattresses - the ideal size for children who like to stretch out whilst they sleep, a small double kids mattress offers space and comfort.
We have a wider range of mattresses available that are also suitable for children to use, but these are our most popular choices.
Is there a specific firmness that is best with a kids mattress?
The answer to this question is that it's entirely dependent on your child! Children need to receive support as they grow, alongside plenty of comfort, so they grow up healthy. This is why all of our kids' mattresses are designed with these factors in mind with our mattress ranges, including the following firmness ratings:
- Soft kids mattresses - let your child sleep in the ultimate comfort with a soft kids mattress, providing optimal sleep to help them grow.
- Soft/medium kids mattresses - our soft/medium kids mattresses straddle the border between both ratings, providing a little extra support as they sleep.
- Medium kids mattresses - our medium kids' mattresses are ideal for a wide range of children, helping them to sleep better throughout the night.
- Medium/firm kids mattresses - our medium/firm kids mattresses are the firmest types of mattresses that we offer for children to use.
What is the difference between the various kids' mattress structures?
A mattress structure is what is inside the mattress itself and specifies what is used to provide different levels of firmness and support throughout the night. The difference between these is important, as certain types of mattresses may not suit someone and they may need a different type of mattress structure.
We sell the following kids mattress structures:
- Open coil spring kids mattresses - offering outstanding comfort levels, an open coil spring kids mattress contains springs that are linked together in a wireframe.
- Pocket sprung kids mattresses - a pocket spring kids mattress consists of hundreds of individual springs inside their own pockets, allowing weight to be distributed evenly and support their body contours.
- Reflex foam kids mattresses - our reflex foam kids mattresses have no springs inside them and will mould to your child's body as they sleep, particularly useful for growing children!
How do I know if my kids' mattress is safe for my child?
All of our products are manufactured with high-quality materials and follow strict standards of both safety and comfort. This means that you can be assured that your child will be able to sleep peacefully at night while receiving the support they need as they grow throughout their years.
For more information regarding our mattresses, please take a look at our mattress buying guide to get a better understanding of the differences between our kids' mattresses.