Which type of orthopaedic mattress is best?
Finding the right mattress to suit your sleeping needs is essential, which makes choosing the right firmness rating crucial. Whether an orthopaedic mattress should be firm or soft depends on your needs. Still, typically an orthopaedic should be medium to medium-firm to give the most effective support for chronic pain or those in recovery from an injury. We have a range of orthopaedic mattress firmnesses available, including:
- Orthopaedic Soft-Medium Mattresses - ideal for those who want a little support for aching muscles but still want a soft and comfortable mattress.
- Orthopaedic Medium Mattresses - perfect for when you want a comfortable sleep with plenty of support for joint pain.
- Orthopaedic Medium-Firm Mattresses - leaning a little more on the firm side, our medium-firm orthopaedic mattresses are great for those who suffer from chronic pain or are recovering from injury.
- Orthopaedic Firm Mattresses - the ultimate orthopaedic mattress , a firm mattress offers the highest levels of support for difficult-to-manage pain and injury.
- Orthopaedic Pocket Springs Mattresses - an orthopaedic pocket sprung mattress provides support only to the area where pressure is applied due to the individual springs enclosed in their pockets. Perfect for sharing a bed without being affected by your partner’s movements at night.
- Orthopaedic Open Coil Springs Mattresses - interconnected springs make our orthopaedic open coil sprung mattresses supportive by spreading your body weight evenly over the mattress. Ideal if you aren’t sharing the bed so the mattress can adapt to your movements alone.
- Orthopaedic Reflex Foam Mattresses - comfort is built into our orthopaedic reflex foam mattresses because the reflex foam is made from high-density polyurethane foam. These mattresses return to their original form, like memory foam mattresses.
It's essential that you choose the right mattress for your bed to ensure that you can get a comfortable and supportive night's sleep. With so many types, structures and fillings available, it's easy to understand that finding out what kind of mattress you should buy might need to be clarified.
Our helpful mattress buying guide provides more information that helps break down all the essential facts about the available mattresses, including our orthopaedic mattresses.